I migrated my old Unreal 4.2 prototype over. There are a lot of good assets in here to start incorporating.
Made sure Projectiles are replicated. Messed around trying to use the player position for projectile orientation on the client, but pitch did not work. Ended up sending the rotation vie RPC.
Was really annoying running out of ammo while testing, so I implemented a cheat code system. First cheat code, give max ammo! Now I can implement any cheat code going forward easily.
Also, worked on the algorithm that determines how much ammo a weapon uses. Based it on how much ammo it can hold and how much damage it can do.
Membrane has changed direction a while back and I decided to start documenting the progress here. I will likely change the name as well at some point.
It's being made in Unreal Engine now.
I am leaning heavily into procedural generation with procedural levels, weapons, etc.
There is a procedural Universe with space travel in procedural space ships.
Game is still being built around multiplayer drop in/out co-op.
I'm mostly sticking with programmer art for now until all the main systems and gameplay loop is in place.
However, I got sick of looking at some of the uglier planets, so recently upgraded all the planet textures. Now they look great.
Added City Planets to go with the "City Level."
Added a "Canyon Level."
Now that there are two Level Types, You can fly between planets. There is the working proof of concept!
Recently added Replication where necessary. Multiplayer works.
Since the universe and levels are based on a Seed number, every time I implement a major feature, the whole game tends to change around. It's pretty weird, but also kind of cool.